Sevenleft strikes again
19th Oct 2015
Sevenleft struck bonus gold a second time in just 10 days when it won the Irish Stallion Farms European breeders Fund Auction Race at Naas on Sunday.
Thanks to the €12,500 Plus 10 bonus and winning prize fund of €45,000, the Sheila Lavery-trained charge collected a total prize pool of €57,500 for owner John Lavery.
A £31,000 yearling purchase out of Tattersalls Book 2, the Manduro colt, which has put in some impressive performances over its seven-start season, managed to end its debut campaign with back-to-back bonus race victories.
Ms Lavery was thrilled with Sevenleft’s most recent victory and described the Plus 10 bonus as making a huge difference.
“It is really nice; it’s a great bonus when you can say to the owner you have won an extra €12,500,” Ms Lavery said.
Ms Lavery recently bought three Plus 10 yearlings at sales and has also entered her homebreds into Plus 10.
“It is nice to know that people who pay the registration fees as the scheme goes along get something back, so hopefully more people at the sales will front their horses up for Plus 10 because they’re not just paying their money and never seeing it again.”
Any buyer of a yearling with a Plus 10 logo on its pedigree page in sale catalogues need only pay the third and final Owner Registration to qualify the horse for the Plus 10 bonus scheme.
By paying the Owner Registration at the early bird rate of €375/£300 by 31 December an owner can return up to 25 times their investment with just the one bonus win.
Alternately, the Owner Registration can still be paid up until 28 February 2016 at the slightly higher price of €437.50/£350.
The owner at the time of a Plus 10 bonus win will receive 75% of any £10,000/€12,500 bonuses won by that horse during its two and three-year-old campaigns. The €12,500/£10,000 bonus is split:
- 75% to the owner at the time of the win
- 10% to the payer of the Foal Registration
- 10% to the payer of the Yearling Registration
- 5% to the trainer, jockey and stable staff
Once qualified, a Plus 10 horse can win an unlimited number of €12,500/£10,000 bonuses across the following races:
- 100 bonuses available on all 2YO non-black-type races (includes Open Maiden, Auction Maiden, Median Auction Maiden, Nursery and Winners races) rolled over until all are won. Unclaimed 2YO bonuses are applied to 3YO-only Maidens from the start of the 2017 season, until all are won.
- All Class 2, 3 and 4 Maiden, Novice, Conditions
- All Class 5 Fillies Only Maiden races and Class 5 Fillies Only Novice races from start of Flat season up until 30 June
- All Class 2, 3 and 4 Maiden and Conditions
- All Class 5 Fillies’ Only Maiden races
Please note: For any Plus 10 yearling bound for a 2016 breeze-up sale, the final Owner Registration is permitted to be paid during a two-week window from the date of the breeze-up sale. For more information on the breeze-up allowance, please read the Plus 10 FAQs document.