Summary of how we use your data
- The BHA uses your personal data in order to administer the Plus10 prize fund and award bonus prize monies to winning owners and breeders.
- Data is shared with Horse Racing Ireland where qualifying races are held in Ireland, and information may also be obtained from Horse Racing Ireland to confirm the details of runners and winners. This information may also be obtained from publicly available copies of race results.
- The BHA will also share information with Weatherbys Limited, who administer the Plus10 bonus scheme, and with Weatherbys Bank Limited where you choose to pay using a Weatherbys Bank account.
- Details of the horses, foals and breeders taking part in the Plus 10 scheme are published on the Plus10 website. Details may also be shared with relevant Sales Houses and the Racing Post where horses in the Plus10 scheme are included in sales or race declarations respectively.
What does this policy cover?
This policy describes how The British Horseracing Authority Limited (also referred to as "the BHA", "we" or "us") will make use of your data in order to manage and administer the Plus10 Bonus Scheme.
It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which the BHA carries out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “What rights do I have?” section.
What information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you register for the Plus10 Bonus Scheme. This includes:
- your name
- your date of birth,
- your home address, email address and phone number;
- your payment details, including billing addresses and bank account details;
- details of your connection to particular horses;
- details in relation to the performance of your connected horses;
- details of your Plus10 contributions and winnings
What information do we receive from third parties?
Sometimes, we receive information about you from third parties. In particular:
- Data is shared with Horse Racing Ireland where qualifying races are held in Ireland, and information may also be obtained from Horse Racing Ireland to confirm the details of runners and winners. This information may also be obtained from publicly available copies of race results
How do we use this information, and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process this personal data for the following purposes:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: in particular, we process data to fulfill the terms of the Plus10 Bonus Scheme – details of which can be found http://plus10bonus.com/terms.php. This processing includes:
- verifying your identity;
- taking payments;
- communicating with you about your membership of the scheme;
- providing customer services, managing the scheme and arranging the award of bonus prizes;
- As required by the BHA to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- we will use your information to respond to any comments or complaints you may send us;
- we will use data in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation); and
- Where you give us consent:
- we place cookies and use similar technologies in accordance with our Cookies Policy and the information provided to you when those technologies are used;
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above.
Who will we share this data with, where and when?
We will share your data with Horse Racing Ireland where qualifying races are held in Ireland to ensure that the races and scheme are managed appropriately.
We will share your data with Weatherbys Bank Limited where you choose to pay using a Weatherbys Bank account, in order to facilitate your payments.
The BHA will also share details of the horses, foals and breeders taking part in the Scheme on the Plus 10 website. It will also share data more directly with Sales Houses and the Racing Post where horses in the Plus 10 Scheme are included in sales listings or race declarations respectively.
The BHA will also share information with Weatherbys Limited, our data processor, who administers the Plus10 bonus scheme on the BHA’s behalf. Weatherbys undertakes activities such as administering payments and contacting winners. We also share information with our other data processors, who carry out tasks such as hosting our email databases and sending out service emails on our behalf. One such provider is located outside the EEA in Australia, and we ensure adequate protection through the use of model contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of these clauses by getting in contact with the BHA using the contract details set out below.
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
What rights do I have?
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
To exercise any of these rights, you can get in touch with us – or our data protection officer – using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred. This likely to be the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK or the Information Commissioner in Ireland.
The provision of the vast majority of information is mandatory in order to allow us to have sufficient information to manage and administer the Plus10 scheme. If relevant data is not provided, then we will not be able to administer your Plus10 entry, and may be unable to accept payment or make bonus payments. Where information is not required for the entry and management of the Plus10 scheme, all other provision of your information is optional.
How do I get in touch with you, or your data protection officer?
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, you can get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Plus 10 Bonus Scheme, 75 High Holborn, London, WC1V 6LS. You can also get in touch with the BHA’s data protection officer at email@example.com or by writing to Data Protection Officer, c/o British Horseracing Authority, 75 High Holborn, London, WC1V 6LS.
How long will you retain my data?
Where we process registration data, we do this for as long as you are an active member of the Plus10 Bonus Scheme and for three years after your membership lapses.
Details of any payments made by you, or to you as a result of prize winning, will be retained for five years.